The Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 28, 2010

2 posters

Go down

March 28, 2010 Empty March 28, 2010

Post  Smithmg1 Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Wt: 194 (no working out and binge eating/drinking will do that...)

Gotta study to cram today, so I won't be able to work out. I won't eat much either.

Meal 1: multigrain bagel with lite cream cheese
Meal 2: 3 eggs, pumpernickel bagel
Not a good day... should not have bought that baker's dozen of bagels (at least their whole wheat)
Meal 3: multigrain bagel w lite cream cheese
Meal 4: same
Meal 5: honey wheat bagel with 3 eggs
Meal 6: campbells firehouse chili, green apple, kashi bar

Last edited by Smithmg1 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Smithmg1
HO!
HO!

Back to top Go down

March 28, 2010 Empty Re: March 28, 2010

Post  CJPSmith Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:36 pm

You'll lose a lot of that weight really quickly just by going back to a reasonable diet and continuing to exercise.

CJPSmith
Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithmg1 Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:39 pm

CJPSmith wrote:You'll lose a lot of that weight really quickly just by going back to a reasonable diet and continuing to exercise.

do you think i should give a diet day tomorrow or continue to try to eat a bulking amount?

Smithmg1
HO!
HO!

Back to top Go down

Post  CJPSmith Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:44 pm

176.4lb
8mm/9.5%

Gained some pounds from last night's binge, but on the whole I'm not unhappy. I find myself much hungrier today after returning to my regular eating schedule/portions, so it might have been good to kick my metabolism in the pants. We'll see over the next few days, obviously.

One thing that was a little disappointing was that at one point last night there was an "ab-off" while we were discussing workout programs, and I did not have a distinct advantage. It meant absolutely nothing, but it still is a bit of a psychological wound to know that you are specifically working towards something but still come up short when called upon to produce the results. But, reaching goals takes as long as it takes, so, I'm not going to get discouraged. If anything, it makes me want to try even harder to get where I want to be.

Another thing I learned last night is that my friend said he found the most effective way to get cut being intense, hour-long cardio every other day supported by weightlifting on the off-days. This is very similar to what is said in Burn the Fat, and, ironically, the one thing I haven't really been doing because of my interest and commitment to crossfit. Even Jon actually stopped the crossfit plan when he found he wasn't getting the desired look he wanted. I'm still a bit torn.

Today actually marks 2 months of work towards my goal, and I think it's reasonable to aim for getting where I want to be in one more month. Programs like P90X offer a 3 month span as a reasonable amount of time to make major body changes like that, so I think that will be a good goal to aim for. If I haven't by then, I think I will switch over to doing a more "traditional" cardio/lifting split to try and reach that point.

It is worth debate, though, whether it's even the right goal to go for looks. Obviously, since it's not irrelevant to my career, I have to consider those factors, but on a more fundamental level my strength, skills, and abilities should be more important than my appearance, especially since appearance is often a side-benefit of increasing those core elements anyway. But, again, I think there's no need to change the plan right now.

1) coffee w/ sugar, poppy bagel w/ butter, 1/4 cinnamon muffin 10:30AM
2) tomato chicken curry 3PM
3) meatloaf, carrots 5:30PM
4) broccoli, chicken breast 8PM
5) tomato chicken curry 10:30PM

Last edited by CJPSmith on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

CJPSmith
Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  CJPSmith Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Smithmg1 wrote:
CJPSmith wrote:You'll lose a lot of that weight really quickly just by going back to a reasonable diet and continuing to exercise.

do you think i should give a diet day tomorrow or continue to try to eat a bulking amount?

I would say neither. Eat a maintenance amount and workout and see what happens after a day or two when your weight stabilizes again. Easy come easy go as they say, and usually when you binge and gain a bunch it comes off fast too. If it stays way up there, I would switch to dieting, because that kind of gain in a short period is probably more fat than you want it to be.

Like I gained 3lbs from yesterday, but since my target is around 175 right now, I'm not sweating it too much.

CJPSmith
Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down