The Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 31, 2010

2 posters

Go down

March 31, 2010 Empty March 31, 2010

Post  Smithmg1 Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:46 am

Wt: 188.5
Bf:

Question: how slowly should I lose the weight once I get around 195? I am capable of dieting very quickly, but I don't know if there's a point where I lose just fat and not muscle.

Meal 1: 1 serving frosted mini wheats with skim, 3 eggs, 1 slice cheese on wheat bagel
Meal 2: 1 california roll, black bean salad, morroccan cous cous
Workout
Meal 3: 2 scoops protein, honey bourbon chicken on wheat from quiznos
Meal 4: MASSIVE - convinced to go to the 'comfort food' buffet - potato casserole, chicken nuggets with honey mustard, vegan shepherds pie (mostly mashed potatoes) - oops
Meal 5: 3 eggs with cheese, 1 piece of whole wheat

Workout
Regular ab set
4 sets HIIT 20 min 10-16 on a different elliptical

Smithmg1
HO!
HO!

Back to top Go down

March 31, 2010 Empty Re: March 31, 2010

Post  CJPSmith Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:45 pm

I'm going to email you a copy of burn the fat. If you read chapter 6, it has a really detailed explanation of how to balance calorie intake to correctly lose or gain weight at a reasonable pace.

In short, you need to figure out how many calories your body needs to maintain its current weight, and then adjust from there based on whether you want to lose or gain. I think he recommends small adjustments (maybe 20% below maintenance) to lose weight at a healthy rate.

He also is an advocate of calorie counting whereas I prefer ballparking my intake, although recently I've been considering going back to calorie counting for at least a little while to recalibrate my ability to judge amounts of food.

CJPSmith
Champ

Back to top Go down