The Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 3, 2010

2 posters

Go down

April 3, 2010 Empty April 3, 2010

Post  CJPSmith Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:23 am

Alright! Back from vacation.

8mm/9.5% (14mm)

Gained some weight, seemed to stay steady on the body fat, although I have a lot of work to do to get back on track diet-wise. More later!

Ok, so, went down to Florida for a couple days, decided to take a bit of an extended cheat period from my diet. I don't think it was a totally good idea. It was definitely fun for the first day, but I sort of felt by the second day that I was just eating lots of food for the sake of eating lots of food, not because I was really enjoying it. I also didn't follow crossfit while I was down there.

I think, all in all, it's a case of breaks being good but TOO MUCH break being not good. Especially since the longer you are off your routine, the harder it becomes to get back into the good habits.

So, I have a few goals. The first is to get back into my DAILY routine of getting up at 9 and returning to my morning workouts. The second is to do some cooking to get my stores back up. I have some turkey for chili and some chicken breasts I can use to poach or roast, but I'm not sure I'll have time until monday.

The other major problem is that this weekend has like three social functions that present obstacles to the diet. I've sort of continued to "eat unclean" or be off my diet even through this morning, when I had an egg sandwich. However, even though it might be a little hodgepodge until I can get a good stockpile of food, I don't think I can go out again tonight, and I think tomorrow for our Easter meal I'll just stick to small portions of salad and some ham or whatever other protein is available.

Today's workout is a good one for getting back on track with exercise. Unfortunately, I decided to stay out late last night, so I got up around 11:30 and need to be on a train in about 90 minutes, so I don't think I can squeeze in the workout before the show. HOWEVER I should be able to get it done when I get home tonight so long as I come home right after instead of going out to my friend's birthday party.

So, my main goal is to be back on my routine by monday/tuesday. This does not mean eating whatever I want until then. That means I might not have time to fit in all the cooking necessary, but I can make up gaps by buying a salad or whatever. I also think tonight's workout is very important for returning to the schedule and I should feel very bad if I miss it.

Goal-wise, I don't think the past few days have taken too much off my appearance, but it certainly hasn't helped at all either. I still want to lose 2-3% more body fat, which means another 4-6 weeks. After that, I can increase my calories intake to add some muscle, and I can also look into whether I really want to pursue possible modeling opportunities.

A rough breakdown since tuesday:
-4 cookies, other snacks, beer before the flight
-pretzels and a turkey, swiss, mayo on WW bagel sandwich on flight
-gin martini, beer, chicken and shrimp spring rolls with some really sugary dipping sauce, bacon cheeseburger, fries, latte, some of kirsten's creme brulee pie
-----
-2 1/2 eggs benedict, side bacon, sausage, bagel w/ butter, mini corn muffin, 4 packs sugar in 2 cups coffee w/ cream
-no lunch
-gin and tonic, wine, grilled shrimp w/ pancetta over broccoli raab, beef shortrib ravioli, tiramisu and latte
------
-2 eggs benedict, bagel w/ butter, side bacon, mini choc chip muffin, 3 cups coffee (6 sugars) w/ cream
-tuna pizza (on crisp tortilla), 5pc glazed fried shrimp, 3pc other sushi (2pc lobster roll, 1pc crab) florida pompano seared with soy butter, wild rice, 22oz hazelnut ale, frrrozen hot chocolate, bailey's
-----
-6 inch steak, egg, cheese from quizno's, coffee w/ 2 sugars
-grande latte, bagel w/ butter
-pretzels, diet coke
-4pc 2 bros pizza, 2 diet cokes
-bbq pork noodles, 2 sapporo drafts
-johnnie walker black / rocks
-1pc 2 bros pizza, choc chip muffin

WORKOUT
CFWUx3
-ball supermans
-felt strong on the pullups, was able to do about 4-5 at a time. i feel less of a difference between kipping/non-kipping, too.

as Rx'd
31:58

I wasn't really happy with this time. I had the basement working against me; it's tough to do cardio down there because there's not really a lot of air flow and there are lots of asthma irritants. My initial mile was just over 10 minutes, which seems AWFUL to me. I'd like to have a sub 7 minute mile. I'm considering switching over to running as my primary form of cardio for a little while to see if I can improve my mile time.

I also stopped 3 times during the mile (by "stopped" i mean reduced speed to 3.5 for a period), 2 times during the .75, and once during the half. A week or so ago I was able to maintain 5.5 for a full 40 minutes, but I guess trying to push my speed up to 6.5 or 7 cuts into that stamina. I'll need to work on maintaining higher speeds without stopping.

Then, today:
1) egg sandwich w/ bacon, ketchup, small glass OJ 12PM
2) 1/2 chipotle steak salad, fajita veg, pinto beans 5:30PM
3) other half 9PM

Last edited by CJPSmith on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

CJPSmith
Champ

Back to top Go down

April 3, 2010 Empty Re: April 3, 2010

Post  Smithmg1 Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Welcome back, hope everything was fun. I didn't really want to be posting by myself so I took a break.

Wt: 194
Bf:

Weight is probably from eating large portions of Italian and drinking last night, combined with not working out while I was in Indiana. Got my cardio in today but I'm going to be drinking throughout the day so I might not lose the water/fat for a bit.

Getting excited to hit 195 (muscle) in two weeks, because I honestly miss dieting... I need to not crash diet though, and I'll read through burn the fat.

Meal 1: ~7 scrambled eggs, 3 pieces of whole wheat
Meal 2: 2 fruit and yogurt parfaits with granola from mcdonalds
Workout
Meal 3: 2 scoops protein, low fat chicken salad on pumpernickel
BEER
Meal 4: very few nachos with cheese dip (like 3), half a thing of red pepper hummus, sicilian tuna spinach wrap, whips yogurt

Workout
50 crunches, 20 russian twists, 25 leg lifts, 50 leg out crunches, 20 pikes, 30 legs up crunches, 25 bicycle crunches, 50 crunches
4 sets hiit elliptical (different one than regular... I might switch to this one since its harder for me) 10-16

Smithmg1
HO!
HO!

Back to top Go down

Post  CJPSmith Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:14 pm

You should start posting on the spreadsheet as well to keep track of your lean body mass vs. your body fat, especially now that you have calipers.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0At_nM1ZOS-KHdGpfdmJhQWlNdElwQzhqTGFYM0tvdXc&hl=en

CJPSmith
Champ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down