The Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 22, 2010

3 posters

Go down

March 22, 2010 Empty March 22, 2010

Post  CJPSmith Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 am

175lb
8mm/9.5%

WOO that was a good workout, really made me feel better after last night. I was frustrated at first because I did one rep at 225 and decided I wasn't going to be able to do 10x3 of those, so I dropped down to 185, which is a much wussier weight. BUT I did bang out the DLs and was actually able to get pretty much all of the double-unders! Before last week, I couldn't even really do a single double-under! So, I was pretty happy with the workout as a whole.

I have an idea for incorporating some skill work into my warmups, things like muscle-ups, pistols, one-handed snatches, etc. I might pick one exercise a day to add to the warmup for 15 reps/attempts. Maybe do one-handed snatches for tomorrow? That sounds good.

I also decided to split my cardio off when possible. I think this is good for a few reasons. First, it doesn't lend itself to marathon sessions of exercise with tough WODs followed by heavy cardio and long periods without food. Second, it evens out my day more, so I have points I can structure things around in the morning and evening. This will prevent the situation I had last week where I did all my exercise in the morning and then was sort of out of things to do for the evening. Third, I think it's just more moderate and sensible, and therefore will lead to healthier results.

I was a little disappointed in my strength with the 225 DLs, so I'm considering trying to up my protein and increase my strength. However, I'd really like to continue pushing towards revealing my abs, so, I'm not sure. Aunt Palma said I probably shouldn't lose more weight, and I totally agree, however I also do need to lose just a few more pounds of body fat. Maybe this is a good point to gain some muscle and then take off some more body fat afterwards? No final decision yet, but I think I should consider this in the near future.

CFWUx3
-8 kipping pullups (8-4-3, 6-5-4, ???)
-8 body weight dips

185# DL (broken into sets of 4/5)
50 double-unders (I counted "attempts" where the rope got caught on my foot because I'm still new to double-unders. That happened probably once every 5-10 reps. In the future, I think I'll only count real double-unders since I think I'm more than capable of getting them done now.)

3 rounds = 32:30 (although I did have to set up a new bar for my third round of DLs cause someone stole mine, so perhaps subtract 2 min if comparing in the future.)

LATE NIGHT CARDIO BLAST:
40 min treadmill @ 5.5
325 cal, 3.61mil
I walked for the first 4 minutes, but for the remaining time I kept pace at 5.5! It was tough but rewarding.

1) 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2pc canadian bacon, onion, pepper, banana 11AM
2) chicken stir fry, some grapes 2:30PM
3) miniburger, asparagus, tomatoes 5PM
4) roast chicken, salad w/ balsamic vinegar 7:30PM
5) chicken stir fry 10PM

March 22, 2010 Photo_11

Last edited by CJPSmith on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 6 times in total

CJPSmith
Champ

Back to top Go down

March 22, 2010 Empty Re: March 22, 2010

Post  Smithmg1 Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:16 am

Wt: 185.5

Was rough today. Failed a few times mostly due to my right shoulder / upper chest started killing. Got to the point where on the shoulder press I would use my left hand to extend my right so I could begin my set, then pick up the other with the left. Oh well, at least I'm increasing weight. My form isn't too great as I scale up on weights but I think it's good that I'm at least getting to those levels. My strength is definitely improving, though... pullups are easier, as are a lot of the weights. Going to keep trying to scale.

Back
Cable rows: 100/115/130/145/130 Assisted pullups weight 7
Chest
dumbbell press: 40/45/50/55/50 (FAIL, did 10 not 12) decline dumbbell press: 45 (FAIL, did 10)
Shoulders
dumbbell shoulder press seated (AAAH): 25/30/35/40(FAIL did 35 8x)/30 dumbbell shrugs: 65
Biceps
alternating dumbbell curls: 25/30/35/40/35 (form was bad... its telling that i can curl as much as I can do shoulders, as weak as my shoulders are). barbell curls 60 (FAIL did 6x then 50 6x)
Triceps
behind the head dumbbell press - 45/50/55/60/55 Assisted dips - plate 4

Meal 1: 3 eggs, 1 slice cheese, 1.5 servings frosted mini wheats with skim
Meal 2: Scoop of fruit and nut trail mix
Meal 3: roasted veggie spinach wrap, garlic dill salmon, asparagus, pecan yams, roasted peppers
Meal 4: 1 scoop protein
Workout
Meal 5: 2 scoops protein
Meal 6: lowfat chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel, two eggs with cheese on a slice of pumpernickel
Meal 7: a few spoonfuls lowfat chicken salad sandwich, two eggs with cheese on whole wheat with some butter
Meal 8: half scoop protein with skim milk

Last edited by Smithmg1 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

Smithmg1
HO!
HO!

Back to top Go down

March 22, 2010 Empty March 22, 2010

Post  ctam&co Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Weight: 212 lbs
BF: 8.0 %

Seems as I was able to drop some fat through carbing up...

Meal 1: 1 whole egg 3 whites, 1 slice diet whole wheat bread, 1/2 grapefruit
Meal 2: Turkey Chili tablespoon pb
Meal 3: Beef Stew tablespoon pb
Meal 4: Grilled Chicken w/ Onions tbs ricotta cheese
Meal 5; Tbs PB

I love PB : )

Workout:

Crossfit WOD as Rx'd:

I finally got those double unders down! I can only do about two in a row but was able to at least get a pace going where I did two double unders, then a regular jump then two more double unders...felt good...and holy shit double unders are taxing...with that being said not every attempt at the double unders were successful so I counted attempts as well.

3 Rounds for time:

275 DL X 10
50 Double Unders

Approx 30min

Also did about 30min of cardio on the elliptical = 2.55miles, 300 Calories.

ctam&co
Tiberius Antonio
Tiberius Antonio

Back to top Go down

March 22, 2010 Empty Re: March 22, 2010

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down